Breakfast has always been a tough meal for me. I want something that actually fills me up, isn’t just carbs, can be made ahead of time and tastes good. Most breakfast foods are difficult to make ahead of time and have it still taste good. I would love to have eggs and toast every morning but 5-day-old reheated scrambled eggs leave a little bit to be desired. I know a lot of breakfast meals can be made in 5 minutes in the morning but that is honestly 5 minutes that I would rather use for something else. So enter what I’m calling the “protein parfait”. This is a crazy easy recipe and, from start to finish, takes about 10 minutes to mix the ingredients and plate them up.
- 5 scoops of chocolate or cookies and cream protein powder
- 5 cups (38 oz) of vanilla greek yogurt (or plain if you want less carbs)
- 1 2/3 cups of blueberries
- 1 2/3 cups of granola
Recipe (okay get ready for some complicated stuff here)
Tip for those who love macros – Before you start mixing, weigh your bowl or make the bowl your tare weight on the scale. Then, when done mixing, you can divide the total weight on the scale by the number of servings and weigh out that much in each meal-prep container.
- Mix protein powder and yogurt together until you get a smooth, almost cake batter, consistency. I usually just use a spoon but you could probably hit it with a mixer if you don’t want the shoulder pump.
- Pour mixture into containers and top with 1/3 cup of blueberries and 1/3 cup of granola. (personally I keep the granola in my desk draw at work and add them there so it is a little crunchier but all at once works too.)
Total Marcos: 2,485 calories, 235 grams protein, 315 grams carbs, 45 grams fat
Macros Per Serving: 497 calories, 47 grams proteins, 63 grams carbs, 9 grams fat
Tip: If you want less carbs use some, or all, plain greek yogurt. If you want more carbs add some honey.